Click here to apply: Job Openings (peoplehr.net)
Business Development Manager
Longevity Partners Netherlands – Amsterdam
DUTCH LANGUAGE IS MANDATORY FOR THIS ROLE
Longevity Partners is a boutique sustainability and energy consultancy set-up in London in 2015 to deliver the green economy in Europe and beyond. Since its inception, our firm has more than doubled turnover year on year. We’ve been recognised in 2022 by the Financial Times as the fastest-growing ESG consultancy in Europe.
We are driven by a common purpose to help the built environment transition to a net zero economy in the UK, Europe and worldwide. We have offices in London (our headquarters), Paris, Amsterdam, Munich, Milan, Austin, New York and Tokyo.
About the role and candidate
This is an exciting and entrepreneurial role within a flat structure and great ethos/working environment. As a member of our team you will play a key role in unlocking long-term sustainable value for the largest funds that own real estate from our office in Amsterdam. This is an exciting time to join the Dutch office. Our constant growth implies a fast-paced, dynamic work environment, which will allow you to wear many hats and learn a lot very quickly.
We are looking to hire an experienced Business Development Manager with an excellent understanding of the Dutch real estate market. The successful candidate will be able to leverage this insight to constantly identify new business opportunities and to engage with new potential clients. You enjoy building external relationships, have an insatiable drive to grow a business and to find the best opportunities for new business generation.
As a Business Development Manager you will:
- Work towards the achievement of your sales & business generation targets;
- Build a portfolio of new clients and develop relationships with new Clients that lead to new sales;
- Actively & proactively prospect for new customers (via phone, e-mail, LinkedIn Sales Navigator);
- Prepare proposals & presentations to respond to tenders and Request for Proposals;
- Manage the process between the Client and Longevity to respond to follow-up rounds and questions;
- Conduct in-depth meetings with prospects;
- Work together with the legal team on the contractual process to get leads to signed contracts;
- Work closely together with the international and local BD team;
- Develop strong relationships with new Clients that could lead to new sales;
- Maintaining the work in progress (WIP) overview, including new leads;
- Attending public and private events and conferences acting as an ambassador of Longevity Partners;
- Feeding new instructions to the team, facilitate resourcing and follow the delivery process to ensure client satisfaction.
Essential Skills and Competencies for the role
- Fluent in both Dutch and English;
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience in sales and/or business development;
- Experience with sales targets and client deadlines;
- Strong network of Dutch professionals & background in building new relationships & maximising existing ones;
- Excellent ability to convert initial leads to new contracts;
- Strong knowledge of climate change and the built environment;
- Understanding of sustainability and energy efficiency services and their impact on property investment;
- Outstanding communication skills and manners.
About Longevity Partners
Having established itself as a dominant player in the European real estate landscape, Longevity opened in France in 2018, the Netherlands in 2019 in Germany in 2020 and is also present in Italy, the United States and Japan. Our goal is to be the recognised leading global independent ESG advisory business in the real estate sector to deliver the green economy and meet the climate goals. If you are the right person, we would love you to be part of our journey.
- As a very fast-growing sustainability advisory business in the Netherlands, we are looking to recruit a highly motivated and commercially minded individual to grow our business in the Netherlands and to help manage that growth.