THE CLIMATE ANALYST IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Undertaking climate-related risk and financial impact assessments for large portfolios;
- Organising and analysing large datasets and producing quantitative and qualitative reports;
- Researching climate mitigation strategies for particular regions or asset types
- Conducting pre-acquisition climate due diligence report and providing design advice;
- Liaising with client stakeholders to develop the criteria for the delivery of the desired climate risk assessments and/or environmental assessment ratings;
- Undertaking gap analysis reports to optimise individual assets and portfolios;
- Supporting and undertaking a range of environmental assessments using third-party assessment methodologies such as BREEAM, LEED, SKA and WELL;
- Managing own workload to meet project deadlines;
- Providing advice and guidance to clients and project teams;
- Attending site visits to review progress against sustainability targets and/or climate mitigation;
- Arranging and attending meetings, taking minutes and distributing actions;
- Completing relevant training to become certified as an assessor against one of the core assessment methodologies;
- Assisting with pitches and tenders.
THE SUCCESSFUL INDIVIDUAL WILL HAVE:
- The ability to manage multiple on-going assignments simultaneously;
- Knowledge of climate change legislation and regulatory requirements for energy management and emissions reduction at European and/or international level;
- Excellent numerical ability, and thorough experience of data analysis;
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative;
- Ability to produce structured, concise and meaningful reports, summarising results and justifying conclusions, containing very technical information
- Excellent IT skills, including a strong knowledge of Excel;
- Experience with GIS technologies and/or other climate modelling software;
- Excellent research and analytical skills;
- Preferably a master’s degree in Environmental Sciences / Economics or a related subject;
- Qualified as LEED, WELL or BREEAM AP (desirable but not essential).
- Fluency in English (any other European language is a plus)
HOW TO APPLY:
ABOUT LONGEVITY PARTNERS
Longevity Partners is a multidisciplinary energy and sustainability consultancy and investment business. Established in 2015 to support the transition to a low carbon economy in the UK, Europe and worldwide, we have since grown to a multi-million leading advisory firm with offices in London, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich, New York, Austin and San Francisco.
Our clients are among the world’s largest real estate investors, leaders in their sectors and seeking excellence in carbon neutrality. Longevity Partners assists its clients with European and global portfolios with services ranging from ESG Strategy definition, assistance and advisory in international reporting, green building certification and large-scale carbon reduction implementation.
As part of its development, the company is recruiting an ambitious Climate Analyst who can provide technical support in the areas of sustainability, energy efficiency and renewable energy, with a particular focus on Climate Resilience. This individual will join the advisory team and work on large impact projects at international level to assist our clients in the transition to a lower carbon economy and mitigate any identified climate-related risk. This position reports to the Senior Climate Consultant and is based in our offices in Marylebone.