A financial controller is responsible for managing all aspects of a countries financial operations and plays a critical role in managing and optimizing the organisations financial resources and ensuring long-term financial stability and success.
Key responsibilities for an Financial Controller include:
- Working with the CFO and COO to produce management accounts, statutory accounts, and board reporting.
- Creating monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends and provide financial forecast budgeting compared with actuals
- Manage cashflow by tracking transactions and regular reviewing
- Managing the end of year annual accounts process including completion of the audit
- Manage a team 2 or more who will be responsible for transactional finance (AP/AR/Credit Control) whilst encouraging process automation where possible.
- Continuingly striving to improve processes to support the business during its next growth phase.
- Responsible for quarterly board reporting (using the Corporate Longevity models)
- Responsible for consolidating Longevity group subsidiary financial information for quarterly BVA variances to Finance Director
- Responsible for providing narrative and explanation for quarterly BVA variances to CFO
- Review Month-end Accounts
- Responsible for Year-end accounts, audit, tax filing and processes
- Responsible for scheduling Year end audit and tax timetable including ensuring statutory filing is done on time.
Payroll (incl benefits)
- Deal with new starters and leavers
- Schedule probation meetings (Longevity)
- Maintain staff information
- Forward payroll information to payroll provider
- Check payroll information fromprovider
- Create payroll reports for approval
- Supply Accounts team with payroll journals to be posted on Sage
- Liaise with benefits provider team on pension ect
- Make sure that pension certificates are issued
- Make salary payments, including TAX and Pension by deadlines
- Check leave schedule maintained on People
- Staff Vetting
- Deal with staff queries
- Deal with annual benefits reporting and payments.
- Oversee approving VAT reporting.
- Oversee Supplier Invoicing process and purchase order system.
- Oversee Customers Invoicing process and approval of sales invoices
- Cash management
- Liaise with bank manager
- Set up and approval of new bank accounts
- Deal with queries
- Bank reconciliations
- Review weekly bank reconciliations
- Check and sign final month-end bank reconciliations
- Petty cash
- Check and sign final monthly Petty Cash reconciliation
- Perform sport check of PC on a quarterly basis
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field. A master’s degree in business administration (MBA) or a finance-related field is preferred.
- ACA/ACCA qualified or similar or relevant qualification
- Extensive experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, with a minimum of 5 years working in finance and accounting.
- Strong knowledge of financial and accounting principles, regulations, and best practices.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex financial data.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proven leadership and team management skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.