Group Finance Manager
Longevity Partners is a multidisciplinary energy and sustainability consulting company. Established in 2015 to support the transition to a low carbon economy in the UK and Europe, we are now a global advisory firm with clients in over 40 countries served by offices in London, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich, Milan, New York, Austin, and Tokyo.
Our clients are among the world’s largest real estate developers, owners, investors, and occupiers spanning all sectors of the commercial property industry. Longevity Partners assists its clients with diverse portfolios with services ranging from ESG strategy development to advising on net zero carbon implementation. At Longevity Partners, we draw on our roots in the UK and Europe to collaborate with clients to navigate a dynamic ecosystem of benchmarks, frameworks, reporting schemes, disclosures, and regulations to determine best practices and mitigate risk. We are uniquely positioned to partner with our clients wherever they are on their ESG journey.
Our core values are Creativity, Excellence, Integrity, Impact, and Teamwork.
Key responsibilities for an Group Finance Manager include:
- Financial Planning and Analysis: Develop and execute financial strategies, forecasts, and budgets, ensuring alignment with the company’s overall goals and objectives. Analyse financial data and metrics to provide insights and recommendations for improving financial performance.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare and present accurate and timely financial reports to the executive team and board of directors. Ensure compliance with accounting principles and regulations.
- Cash Management: Optimize cash flow and manage working capital effectively. Develop and implement strategies for reducing costs and improving efficiency in financial operations.
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate financial risks by implementing appropriate internal controls and procedures. Evaluate and manage relationships with banks, auditors, and other external stakeholders.
- Investment and Capital Management: Evaluate investment opportunities and develop strategies to optimize the company’s capital structure. Monitor and report on the performance of investments and assets.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Lead financial due diligence for potential mergers and acquisitions. Develop financial models and projections to assess the financial viability and potential impact of these transactions.
- Compliance and Legal: Ensure compliance with financial and legal requirements, including tax regulations, and corporate governance best practices. Collaborate with legal counsel as needed.
- Team Leadership: Provide leadership and supervision to the finance and accounting teams. Mentor and develop staff members, fostering a culture of continuous learning and professional growth.
- Partner with C-Suite on Growth strategy and planning (yearly) to identify investments needed and growth targets
- Member of the C Suite and Board Member
- Assess and qualify skillsets and capabilities needed in the European Finance team
- Team coaching and Management
- Talent development, career path and MYR feedback process
- Set a rhythm for the company budget planning, reporting aligned to business (Sales, HR, Operations) and Quarterly boards
- Standardize financial process, reporting, operational KPIs in alignment with Business requirements
- Set a monthly staff costs process, sales forecast aligned per country/BU
- Set a weekly cash collection position and a strong collection process
- BP group consolidation (quarterly) and align Quarterly Board pack for Board meetings
- C Suite Financial reporting
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field. A master’s degree in business administration (MBA) or a finance-related field is preferred.
- Chartered accountant certification is highly desirable (ACA or Europe equivalent).
- Extensive experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, with a minimum of 10-15 years working in finance and accounting.
- Strong knowledge of financial and accounting principles, regulations, and best practices.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex financial data.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proven leadership and team management skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.
- Navigate complex and very dynamic environment
- Self driven motivation and executive maturity
- Energetic and likes complex challenges to solve
- Very action and result-oriented personality
- Excellence in execution to land / operationalize strategies into action driven execution