Senior Energy Efficiency Engineer
Longevity Partners Netherlands
DUTCH LANGUAGE IS MANDATORY FOR THIS ROLE
Longevity Partners is a multi-disciplinary energy and sustainability consultancy and investment business. Established in 2015 to support the transition to a low carbon economy in the UK, Europe and worldwide, we have since grown to a multi-million leading advisory firm with offices in London, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich, New York, Austin and San Francisco.
Our clients are among the world’s largest real estate investors, leaders in their sectors and seeking excellence in carbon neutrality. Longevity Partners assists its clients with European and global portfolios with services ranging from ESG Strategy definition, assistance and advisory in international reporting, green building certification and large-scale carbon reduction implementation.
Longevity Partners is a dynamic firm, made up of young and innovative teams with diverse backgrounds. As part of its development in the Netherlands, our office in Amsterdam is looking for a Senior Energy Efficiency Engineer to the be part of the Building Optimisation / Net Zero team.
This is a high-profile role, the candidate will report directly to the Managing Director and work closely together with our head of Building Optimisation. You will be based in our office in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
With this opportunity you will play a key part in delivering our net-zero energy transition projects, working with teams across and outside the business to reduce the costs and environmental impact for commercial buildings.
Are you ready to navigate the Net-Zero challenge accelerating decarbonization worldwide?
- Analyse energy consumption, identify trends and benchmark energy performance.
- Support on developing Net-Zero Carbon road maps at asset level;
- Conduct detailed investment-grade energy audits leading to the identification of energy conservation measures (ECM) and deep-retrofit energy interventions and structuring a financial investment business case;
- Assess opportunities for improvement and undertake energy savings calculations on energy efficiency measures and low carbon technologies;
- Liaising with suppliers to develop preliminary HVAC design;
- Conduct waste, water and sustainability audits;
- Manage a team of 2 to 5 junior engineers delivering Building Optimisation projects in the Netherlands;
- Creation of thought leadership pieces for communication, to enhance client offerings, and ensure the team remain at the forefront of emerging thinking.
The successful individual will have the following qualification, skill & experience:
- Master’s degree in building/mechanical engineering or similar environmental discipline;
- Minimum of five years in the energy efficiency sector, energy auditing, energy performance contracting, building optimisation, low carbon building design;
- Ability to speak fluently and communicate effectively in written reports and oral presentations, both in business Dutch and English;
- In-depth knowledge of Dutch subsidies, legislation in building performance and EPC certificates;
- Experience in building services and HVAC for commercial buildings;
- Analytical skills to developing a consistent and scalable approach to ESG data collection, validation, and reporting;
- Working in a rigorous manner to deliver accurate, high quality, engaging and client-ready outputs;
- Proven track record for independently delivering and reviewing deliverables with minimal senior consultant oversight in at least two work streams;
- Proven project management experience and excellent communication skills;
- Passionate about tackling climate change and about the wider sustainability agenda;
- Being able to challenge, provide insights, forecast future trends, and articulate the value of sustainability to businesses, with an understanding of future value creation.
The following will be appreciated:
- EP-U certified assessor and/or experience with VABI-software, IES-VE software or similar.
- Experience in delivering measurement and verification (M&V) programmes in line with IPMVP;
- Experience in delivering ISO 50001 projects;
- Experience in delivering complex, pan European carbon reduction programmes;
- Experience in a wide range of sustainability reporting and assessment mechanisms such as- GPR, CDP, GRESB, CRREM, GRI, PRI, IFC and Equator Principals;
- Experience in initiatives such as CDP, GRESB, ESOS, Science Based Targets, Net Positive approaches;
- Experience in TCFD and ESG Materiality Assessments and reporting methodologies.
- Knowledge of European legislation background in building performance.
How to apply:
Please apply for this role using the following link: https://longevitypartners.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=c0112ecd-a4d7-493a-82c9-2816aea4a316