Longevity Partners is a multi-disciplinary energy and sustainability consulting company. Established in 2015 to support the transition to a low carbon economy, we are now a global advisory firm with clients in over 40 countries served by offices in London, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich, Milan, Austin, New York, Seattle, and Tokyo.
Our clients are among the world’s largest real estate developers, owners, investors, and occupiers spanning all sectors of the commercial property industry. Longevity Partners assists its clients with diverse portfolios with services ranging from ESG strategy development to advising on net zero carbon implementation.
At Longevity Partners, we draw on our roots in the UK and Europe to collaborate with clients to navigate a dynamic ecosystem of benchmarks, frameworks, reporting schemes, disclosures, and regulations to determine best practices, mitigate risk, and identify opportunities. We are uniquely positioned to partner with our clients wherever they are on their ESG journey.
We are recruiting a Sustainability and Energy Consultant who can provide technical support for new and existing projects, focusing on sustainability strategy, circular economy, embodied carbon assessments, and green building certifications.
The candidate will join the newly launched Tokyo office and work on high impact projects across Asia to create long-term value and enhance sustainability performance of the built environment. Our Consultants manage several clients and projects simultaneously in a collaborative and collegial team-based environment.
The position is based in Tokyo and may require occasional domestic or international travel. We provide competitive compensation, performance bonuses and training.
Our core values are Creativity, Excellence, Integrity, Impact, and Teamwork.
The Sustainability Consultant is responsible for:
- Undertaking a range of environmental assessments using third-party assessment methodologies such as BREEAM, LEED, SKA and WELL;
- Building optimisation, such as circular economy principles or energy efficiency
- Conduct a wide range of sustainable design studies, such as LCA (Life-Cycle Analysis), LCC (Life-Cycle Cost), thermal energy modelling, thermal comfort, low carbon design etc…
- Conducting BREEAM Pre-Assessment and providing design advice;
- Producing evidence requirements for BREEAM credits;
- Undertaking gap analysis report / schedule;
- Managing own workload to meet project deadlines;
- Assist to manage the analysts in the Japan team including quality control and resourcing;
- Producing reports and providing advice and guidance to clients and project teams;
- Attending site visits across Japan to review progress against sustainability targets;
- Arranging and attending meetings, taking minutes and distributing actions;
- Completing relevant training to become certified as an assessor against one of the core assessment methodologies;
- Assisting with pitches and tenders.
The successful individual will have:
- Knowledge of BREEAM, DGNB and/or LEED (qualifications are desirable);
- The ability to manage multiple on-going assignments simultaneously;
- Knowledge of climate change legislation and regulatory requirements for energy management and emissions reduction in Japan and the EU;
- Excellent numerical ability, and thorough experience of data analysis;
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative;
- Ability to produce structured, concise and meaningful reports, summarising results and justifying conclusions, containing very technical information
- Excellent IT skills, including a good knowledge of Excel;
- Excellent research and analytical skills;
- Preferably a master’s degree in Environmental Engineering or a related subject;
- Native in Japanese and fluent in business English level