What is WiredScore?
WiredScore assesses, certifies, and improves digital connectivity for real estate on a global scale. The certification is currently the only one assessing digital connectivity for real estate. To date, more than 65 million sq m of real estate space has received WiredScore certifications, across more than 160 cities.
- Resilience: Are potential outages mitigated through resilient infrastructure? Is critical telecommunications equipment secure?
- Tenant experience: Does the building provide tenants with a seamless digital connectivity experience?
- Mobile: Is the tenant experience in the building enhanced by access to uninterrupted mobile coverage?
- Choice of providers: Do multiple high-speed fibre internet providers service the building and provide competitive pricing?
- Future readiness: Is there flexibility and capacity to adapt to new and advancing technologies?
There are seven main sections of building connectivity that WiredScore covers:
- Mobile and wireless connectivity
- Building infrastructure – Point of Entry
- Building infrastructure – Telecommunications room
- Building infrastructure – RisersWhat
- Electrical resiliency
- Access readiness
- Digital Connectivity innovation
These come together to make up 29 different assessment issues (criteria), with a total of 100 credits, and with the potential for five additional innovation credits.