What is Asset Strategy/Sustainable Design Asset strategy?
It is quickly becoming unthinkable to endeavour in a new construction project or a deep refurbishment project without a sustainability consultant onboard to guide the design team. Planning requirements, as well as client’s sustainability targets and pledges to net zero, require developments to be carefully designed with sustainability at the heart of the scheme. Balancing a holistic view of all ESG key pillars is key to providing clients with a robust and complete ESG strategy so they avoid so-called ‘carbon tunnel vision’, focusing only on the carbon aspect of sustainability and ESG.
Key features assessed include:
- Operational Carbon
- Embodied Carbon
- Circularity and Waste
- Climate resilience
- Sustainable land use and ecology
- Communities and social value
- Health & Wellbeing
Why Asset Strategy/Sustainable Design Asset strategy?
Including a sustainability consultant into the early design process as a core part of the design team is key to achieving the necessary ESG targets set out by your fund, SBTi targets, planning authorities as well as avoiding being locked into an asset that failed to consider key ESG aspects such as embodied carbon which by the time of project completion will determine asset value and market positioning.
How does Asset Strategy/Sustainable Design Asset strategy benefit your business?
Asset strategy provides multiple key benefits:
- Risk management: protecting the long-term value and liquidity of your asset from factors such as occupier demand, investor requirements, regulatory exposure, climate change and energy security.
- Value creation: Championing ESG opportunities that can improve the value of the property, such as increasing occupier attraction and retention through the design of H&W measures, increasing rental value by delaying through design the stranded date of the asset and slowing the rate of depreciation by having locked in design principles such as disassembly, Net Zero and circular economy.
- Guidance: Understanding market trends and policy trajectory as well as guiding the design teams throughout the entire construction/refurbishment phases
How can Longevity Partners help?
Our approach focuses on multiple stages which can be delivered holistically or as standalone pieces.
- Strategy Development: We provide a comprehensive review of the current and future market and policy trends, engage with the client and relevant stakeholders to develop a Sustainability Strategy which is bespoke for the asset.
- Strategy Implementation: We facilitate the implementation of the Sustainability Strategy, by guiding the design teams on the targets to meet, and pathways to achieving these, through tailored interactive workshops and specific technical studies. This is reported periodically back to the client through tools such as dashboards.
- ESG Strategy workshops: Bespoke workshops on key ESG Pillars tailored to the outcomes of the strategy. These may include Circular Economy, Social Value, Climate resilience, etc.
- Ongoing sustainability lead role: This includes attend Design Team workshops, monitor adherence to ESG KPIs and targets as well as positively challenging the team to ensure maximum sustainability credentials are embedded into the design.
- Technical Studies: These may include Net Zero studies, embodied carbon Whole Life Cycle Assessments, climate resilience, Social Return on Investment amongst many others including parallel green building certifications.
Mixed-use, Offices, Retail
BREEAM In-Use certification for Crédit Suisse
Breeam In-Use certification of European retail portfolio for Klepierre
McArthurGlen Retail Portfolio BREEAM In-Use certifications
PV feasibility study of European Retail Portfolio and Breeam In-Use certification for Hammerson
Sustainable Design Services:
Get in touch
Tell us about your project
"*" indicates required fields