What is a WELL certification?
WELL is a dynamic building scoring system that identifies, measures and monitors the characteristics of built spaces that impact the health and well-being of occupants. It is a natural progression from the Sustainable Development Goals and the Green Buildings concept. The certification is based on extensive research from the medical, scientific, and real estate communities. Its governing principle is the merger of health sciences with building sciences.
Why obtain a WELL certification?
Achieving a high WELL score has been associated with improved brand equality through innovation, maximising performance of employees by improving productivity and job satisfaction, attract and retain clients, employees and investors, and promoting health and well-being to all employees.
Specifically, WELL certifications have demonstrated the following benefits:
- Higher productivity: 8-11% increase in productivity due to improved indoor air quality, outdoor views, noise reduction and thermal comfort
- Mental health: 27% reduction in occupant depression
- Increased value: attracting tenants capable of paying 5-20% premium on existing market rent
- Lower vacancy: compared to buildings without certifications
- Tenant retention: increasing tenant retention
- Longer contracts: 30-45% increase in possibility of signing mid- to long-term leases
How does a WELL certification benefit your business?
Obtaining a WELL certification will engage the following areas:
- Air Quality
- Thermal Comfort
How can Longevity Partners help you?
Longevity experts can assist you from start to end in obtaining a WELL certification:
- Pre-assessment: One of our WELL Accredited Professionals (AP) will review current design information. Liaise with the internal team to identify the best path to achieve the WELL certification rating established. Following, WELL targeted credits and requirements will be circulated across the teams.
- Data & evidence collection: the Longevity AP will manage the data collection process and guide client throughout all the information and evidence material required for the certification.
- Documentation Review: All evidence and data provided by the client will be reviewed and integrated on the project platform. A WELL assessor will then evaluate the data ahead of submission.
- Submission: Longevity Partners will manage the submission of the assessment on behalf of the client and manage it throughout the whole verification process liaising with the certifier for any Quality Assurance queries. If required, Longevity will undergo the submission of a re-assessment.
Health and Wellbeing Certifications:
Green Building Certifications Services:
Get in touch
Tell us about your project
"*" indicates required fields